Thursday 17 April 2014

Critical Reflection

            During ES1102 class, so far, I have written blog posts, reader response, and essay. ES1102 has been fun and dynamic. I believe being good writing takes time. Thus, I enjoy the learning process in this class as it emphasizes on progress through peer review and editing rather than result.
            I personally feel that now, I am more aware of grammar mistakes, syntax, and phrasing when I write or when I read my classmates’ writings. This highlights the benefits of peer review and editing in this module. Peer review allows me to not only receive feedbacks but also give feedbacks to others. It is good to receive feedbacks from others because I may not notice the errors in my writings. Also, by giving feedbacks to my classmates, I become more conscious of others’ mistakes and try not to repeat those mistakes when I write. Besides peer review, editing process is also beneficial because I can reread my writings and improve them. As I reread through them, I always find new things to change / improve.

            Though I enjoy my learning process and interactions in this module, sometimes I feel burdened because ES1102 carries 0 MC while having quite an intense workload. That being said, I still want to continue learning English and using it properly. This module has been useful to me and I hope my classmates feel the same. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Adelle, for this clear, concise and well focused reflection. You explain your enhanced learning well, with fine detail.

    All the best in your future English skills development and academic studies!

    ReplyDelete